26 April 2004

so rather than putting all these pictures i wanted everyone to see in my blog, i put them on my main page

so rather than putting all these pictures i wanted everyone to see in my blog, i put them on my main page. there were enough that it was worth it. you gotta see this dog. it's so wonderfully funny. everytime i've gotten upset at something whilst sitting here at my computer, my mood has been completely changed simply by seeing my background, which is one of the lying down pictures.

my family came up this weekend and stayed from mid saturday to mid sunday. it was fun. i've been wanting them to come up visit my church and stuff. i've really come to love and take pride in my church. this past semester has been great for all of us (at my church) i think. particularly me. i truly look forward to attending every event we have. at first the smallness of it makes you feel fairly exposed, but i've come to take comfort in that too. sam thought it was weird or the people were weird or something, but i think she's just a jerk. (and she thinks i'm a jerk because i'm not my normally jolly self around her. (i'm not normally jolly). and if i WERE, she get freaked out because that's not how i normally am. anyhoo... the church...) yeah, i really love the smallness of it. it's such a great atmosphere for learning and growing. and such a contrast to UT. i've gotten so used to the smallness, that it's hard to really appreciate larger congregational churches now. i'm not saying those are bad or not as good, just saying i've found what works well for me.

jordan is coming up here to UT next year. that's neat to think about. i havent gone to the same school as him (at the same time) since elementary school (i was in 5th and he was in 2nd). after that we always missed each other by one year. i've sort of missed out on some big growing years of his. not totally, but things have changed a lot since i left for college. i've really enjoyed the time i've gotten to spend with him in the last year or so. he's a pretty cool guy. i hope he does band.

he showed me this movie downloading site that's pretty sweet. i finally got Bubba Ho-tep. it was very Army of Darkness-esque (and awesome). jordan also showed me this other music DLing program, Ares. it's a nice change.

there are more things, i think. i found this guy Chris O'Riley, that plays Radiohead songs on piano, but they are really beautiful versions of them rather than just straight transcriptions. very interesting.

okay time to go help jesse. she's just decided against writing a paper that isnt optional. go look at those dogs some more. it'll do you good.

No comments: