09 December 2005

the O.C.

If through a broken heart God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart.

-Oswald Chambers

that's from My Utmost (November 1). i printed that out and keep it in my desk. it speaks so loudly to me (particularly with all this year's goings-ons). it just almost brings me to tears everytime i read it.

i wish my mom would read it. i wish she would read anything. i want so badly for her to see what my dad, myself, jordan and everyone else in the world but her sees. that reading for November 1st probably meant more to me than anything else i've read. it was just... right on. so powerfully blunt. it's hard sometimes, but i love how there's just no halfway, no middle ground with Chambers' writings. he doesn't soften anything. everything just has a "carved in stone" feeling. uncompromising and non-negotiable.

You Are Not Your Own

No comments: