28 November 2004

and now for what i originally got on here to do

well, the majority of my break was quite enjoyable. i got to sit around a lot, watch tv, take pictures with my 35mm camera, play Metroid Prime 2 (even though the memory card got corrupted and we lost all of our game data.), go early morning suicide shopping with my dad and brother, sort out all of my recovered Europe pictures, and eat heartily. jesse and i watched Fahrenhype 9/11. it was really great and i now have even less respect for michael moore. a good time was had by all.

however, on saturday morning we got a call. my dad's brother's son, Scott Hunter, was killed in a car wreck early that morning. well ...that was pretty much terrible. he was 37. we were really close to him, particularly my parents. he was like a son to my dad (obviously, being his brother's son). i dont think anything is harder on me than seeing my dad cry. it absolutely breaks my heart. and all i can do is just hold him. i can't even begin to know how my uncle Bob feels (he's my dad's brother). you hear it said that no parent should have to bury their child. i cannot, in fact, think of anything worse than that. my mind isnt even able to being wrapping itself around that concept. it's that terrible. when i try to imagine what i could possibly say to Bob i find myself reduced to nothing, so much that all i can even do is pray that somehow God will comfort him and help him understand that it's part of His plan, even though we may never know that plan. the reasons for death can be impossible to grasp sometimes. there have been, what seems like, a great deal of deaths recently. first, my best friend's (from franklin (adam)) brother died from cancer. he wasnt even 30. then, one of his pallbearer's died. and within the last week, a great guy from my scout troop died from a heart attack. he was great friends with adam's dad (the scout leader) and in his 50s. and just the other day my dad tells me about another dad from scouts dying (also in his 50s). and now this. i was always told how much like scott i was when i was growing up. he was a smart guy, but he was never very careful with his life. man i feel terrible for bob. he is probably one of the nicest guys i've ever known and easily one of my favorite relatives. i love bob and my heart goes out to him.

take care everyone.

No comments: