11 January 2006

from Let Them Eat Cake

(oh my gosh i love this scene. how they take turns circumvrenting each other)



G.O.B.: Zero hour, Michael. It’s the end of the line. I’m the firstborn. I’m sick of playing second fiddle. I’m always third in line for everything. I’m tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. . . There are six things I’m mad about, and I’m taking over.

Michael: You want to be in charge?



G.O.B.: Yeah.

Michael: You want to deal with what I deal with? A sister who takes your money and throws it away. A mother who you can’t trust. A company whose founder may be on trial for treason. Is that what you want?

G.O.B.: What kind of vacation time does it offer?




(and then, of course, this classic moment. The way G.O.B. stands up just cracks me up.)



G.O.B.: I’m in charge now. I speak for this family. I mean... I could if you wanted me to. I’d rather not, obviously. Don’t know what I’d say. Why do I have to be the one? I don’t need this. Why does this have to become my problem? No, I’m out. Forget it. Find somebody else. I’m sick of it. I’m sick of doing everything for this family.

Barry: Where is Michael?

No comments: