24 March 2003

I didn't write any last week because i sat around and did nothing all day. EXCEPT for when i went and ate chinese food for lunch every day and when i went to see About Schmidt. About Schmidt was excellent. It was a bit of a different role than you're used to seeing Jack Nicholson in. It was also just as sad as it was funny . . . and it was pretty funny. It was just a real classic story of someone reaching the end of their life and contemplating what difference they've made. And of course Jack did a wonderful job, as usual. The ending really caught me off gaurd and i was a little put off by it. But the more i've thought about it, the more I've realized how its the perfect ending for what the movie is saying. He just wanted to make a difference in someone's life; to leave behind something right that he did.

Then we went and saw The Hours on saturday. I had a little bit of trouble relating to the story because it was about women and stuff, but i still thought it was a really cool movie. The way they intertwined the 3 time periods was great; also, how they all related to each other. There was really great editing. And acting for that fact. Meryl Streep's character is just pathetic to me. I have trouble feeling sorry for her. It was similar in Adaptation (which is an AWESOME movie).

Then we watched the Oscars last night (oh yeah and war started wednesday, i believe). I disagreed with some of the choices of winners. I wish that chicago hadn't won so many awards. Anyway, the foolish Michael Moore and his anti-bush propaganda. Someone needs to explain a bit of etiquette to that guy. Because you can't just go around doing that and expect to maintain credibility. In the after oscar press questionaire he kept going on about how he was an american and his right to free speech. Yeah that great and all, but thats no excuse for being an ass to people. An awards ceremony, free speech or not, is niether the time nor the place for slandering our president. Holy crap. At the question dealie afterwards, someone asked why he did it and he answered, "Because I'm an American." Then there was silence for about 10 seconds until the reporter said, "That's it??" I was glad he said that because i was thinking the same thing. THAT'S IT?? THAT'S your reason?? That's ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I think he's really good at making movies, but he's a bit super liberal for me.

Okay, so Scholes just gave me a new frisbee to replace the last one, so now everything is cool. Not that all i wanted was simply a replacement, just some sort of explaination for what happened. Which i got. I'm impressed that he confronted me because he isn't one for that kind of stuff. anywho.

I think I'd like to write about the war situation, but not now. Soon though.

No comments: