27 March 2003

Well i studied two nights this week for a toto of about 4 hrs for my soils test. I went to take it this morning and yada yada yada, holy shit. MAN i failed it. The last part of the test was so simple but i got everything mixed up. All of the sudden pore pressure and pressure head were the exact same thing in my mind. That was a bad thing. Son of a bitch. I hope others had an equal amount of trouble. I don't know. Anyway, so i sat through about 25 min of my next class (hydrology), during which he talked about our class participation and how it will affect our grade (luckily only for the good). I was prepared to skip hydrology, but i went in there for a min because someone had something i needed to look at for a later class. So after he finished talking about a project we have to do, i got up and left. All i could think about was how badly i wanted to go to sleep and never wake up . . . or at least for a 2 months. I'm in there everyday. Only about half of the actual class shows up and I'm in that minority so i think its okay. I told him 'sorry' as i walked out. i think he understood. So i did go home and sleep and woke up about 2 pm to come meet a guy over here in Perkins and he's not here and I've been here for 45 minutes now and i'm about to leave because i'm getting pissed and i dont know why he's not here.

Why does it feel like I'm just trying to make it through the day everyday of the week? I don't know how much more i can do like this. Every week i'm just struggling to make it to the end of thursday so that i can calm down and not be pressed to do engineering work. What the shit am i doing?? AND WHERE'S THAT GUY?? I feel like i'm weeks behind where i should be and i just can't catch up. . . . . okay he just showed up, i feel a little better.

Do i have too much going on? I don't know. I hate to think that stuff has to be this way. The other day i was thinking about the idea of being a physics teacher in High School and it really sounded like a fun idea to me. I mean, it really did. I'd get to teach kids about stuff that i know like the back of my hand. It's not like it would even be difficult physics. Do you know how many people don't realize that a bullet shot from a gun and one dropped and the same moment will hit the ground at the same time? (assuming the gun is shot horizontally) A lot of them. Especially high school students. The idea of sharing what i know with others really appeals to me. For example, I'm so looking forward to having kids because I'm gonna tell them everything i know and they're gonna be smart. Way smarter than me. How rewarding would that be if i could do that for a living? Sure i'm not thinking about having to grade papers and how little I'd get paid, but i don't know. It sounds like a lot of fun. I should ask Mr. Lewis about it if i ever really begin to consider it. Oh well.

that's all for now. gotta go work on a lab report or sleep. at least tomorrow is friday. I love mon, wed, and fri. Those are the days that i have no engineering classes to attend.

That's IT! I could major in teaching high school physics and minor in Film Studies! holy CRAP. That might just make me the happiest man EVER! Just think how long I'd live if i was that happy! I'd just have to figure out what to do about the money part. We'll see.

later

No comments: