10 June 2008

Remix Artist Collective (RAC)

I apologize to any regular reader for the lack of posting lately. Everything seems to have taken a backseat during these last few weeks before we head out. I've barely even thought about Bonnaroo. My mind is all over the place.

However, I've been on a music kick lately (as you can see in previous posts) and today's is the RAC (Remix Artist Collective). You've probably seen "(RAC mix)" on a lot of remixed songs over the last few years. Well, this is them. It's a couple guys from different parts of the world. I'm not sure how it works, but I really like their stuff. Check out these remixes:

The Shins - Sleeping Lessons (RAC mix) (mp3)

Bloc Party - Song for Clay (RAC mix) (mp3)

Tokyo Police Club - Be Good (RAC mix) (mp3)


Then, just a few weeks ago they did a session of Xtrabeats on WOXY. It was awesome. I'm still listening to it. You've gotta give this a whirl...

RAC woxy.com 60min Mix (mp3)

Tracklisting:
01 - 5,6,7,8’s - The Barracuda
02 - Capsule - Flashback
03 - Boyz Noize - Lava Lava (RAC Edit)
04 - Tepr - Minuit Jacuzzi (datA Remix)
05 - Siruismo - Wow
06 - Riot In Belgium - La Musique
07 - MSTRKRFT - Street Justice
08 - Daft Punk - Around The World
09 - Danger - 14h54
10 - Shinichi Osawa - Star Guitar
11 - Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler
12 - Midnight Juggernaults - Ending of an Era
13 - datA - J’aim pas l’Art
14 - Yelle - Je Veux te Voir
15 - Calvin Harris - Colours
16 - MGMT - Electric Feel (RAC Edit)
17 - Shinichi Osawa - Electro411
18 - N.E.R.D. - Everyone Nose (RAC Edit)
19 - Justice - DVNO
20 - The Who - Baba O Riley (RAC Edit)
21 - Futurecop - Transformers
22 - Kylie Minogue - Heart Beat Rock (RAC Edit)
23 - Radiohead - Planet Telex (RAC Edit)
24 - Cornelius - Fit Song (The Books Remix)
26 - The Teenagers - Starlett Johansson
27 - Chromeo - Waiting 4 U
28 - Coconut Records - Nighttiming (RAC Mix)
29 - The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money (RAC Edit)
30 - Hot Chip - Shake A Fist
31 - M.I.A. - Hombre
32 - Danger - 11h30
33 - Vangelis - Love Theme (Blade Runner)



ps. I'm also a sucker for creative ad campaigns. click here for creative ad campaigns.

1 comment:

Billy H. said...

That 60 minute mix was really good! I listened to it in the car today while I was out and about. Naturally, I haven't heard 90% of the originals but it was still really good!