14 August 2003

I personally thought the camping trip went well. Sure, we had a little rain, but at least it held off till we went to sleep. Unfortunately, we didn’t get much sleep. At all. Scholes’ tent from the 20s didn’t hold up too well under watery conditions. Only, replace “too well” with “at all”. But no one was to blame. We needed another multi person tent, so we used it. He didn’t know any better. He other tent held up well, but apparently they didn’t sleep well either. Not quite sure why. Anyway, jesse, scholes, and I went to jesse’s house around 3.5 am because we just couldn’t take it anymore. I talked to the other tent and they said they were fine, but they called me at 5.5 am for us to come get them. So we did and I think most of us slept till 1 or 2. I felt like crap all day.

So I have this friend who has trouble making it to events. The pattern is as follows: “oh yeah, definitely count me in”, then “I’m not sure if I can stay the whole time, but I’ll definitely stop by for a while”, and then the two possible endings of “I’m really gonna try and stop by, but I’m not positive I can” or “I don’t think I’m gonna make it. I was up late / I’m really tired / I killed someone (or something like that) and just wont be able to make it. Sorry. Tell everyone I said ‘hi’”. I have to wonder how far in life someone can go without keeping commitments. I really don’t understand. I mean, this is nothing new, so I’m hardly troubled by it. But how do you go through your years with friends and not hold true to your word so often? Why does this person even bother to say they’ll make it? I’m baffled. I mean, I think this friend is a good person and in the past I’ve thoroughly enjoyed their company, but I guess those times are over and have been over for longer than I’ve thought.

New day. I was just watching “say anything” and saw that he plays the song “in your eyes” on the boombox. I didn’t know that. Now I’m watching the part where they’re on the plane. I’m gonna be doing that soon. I feel like I’m running out of time (and obviously I am). I feel like I don’t have nearly enough time with jesse. Right now I don’t know how I’m going to make it 4 months without the girl I love. I really don’t.

I hope we're ready for this.

(oh yeah, and i got joshhunter.com. so it'll be up pretty soon. so cool.)

No comments: