07 May 2008

50 Ways to Help the Planet

I thought this was a pretty common-sense, practical list. It's neat to see ones you've already thought of (i.e. 13. Wrap Creatively (BOOYAH))!

50 Ways to Help the Planet



05.08.08: I was reading a copy of WIRED jess had gotten and it had an interesting article on the consumption of water around the world. What was particularly interesting was this chart in the article. Look at the amount of water required to produce several common items (2,866gal of water for a pair of jeans?!). I guess I've never put too much thought into the amount of water required to produce food/goods.



5 comments:

Jesse E. Hunter said...

What a gorgeous picture!

I LOVE that you are a green-leaner.

Here's my favorite:
8. GO VEGETARIAN ONCE A WEEK
One less meat-based meal a week helps the planet and your diet. For example: It requires 2,500 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef. You will also also save some trees. For each hamburger that originated from animals raised on rainforest land, approximately 55 square feet of forest have been destroyed.

Josh said...

i thought you'd like that one ;)

i put a chart from that WIRED magazine up there. really interesting.

Anonymous said...

I saw a special on the National Geographic Channel called "The Human Footprint". It said it took 250 gallons of water. I was shocked.

PS I commented on a non mac blog post. Yeah for me.

Josh said...

yeah for you!

250gal for what?

i miss cable.

Anonymous said...

For a tee shirt. Sorry.