18 February 2008

NMH's 10th

10th anniversary of Aeroplane Over the Sea (I like how every song from the album has it's own Wikipedia page). Crazy. Easily one of the most influential albums for me personally. It's just... a different take on music. Period. I can't... describe it. It's one of the albums that's an entity... a work of art... just, a complete work within itself. It might not be your cup of tea, but it's worth checking out. I'm always amazed at how many music lovers I come across that haven't heard of Neutral Milk Hotel. Don't be one of them.

If these 2 songs don't suck you in, it's probably not going to happen.

NMH - King of Carrot Flowers Part I, Part II & III






One of my favorite songs (and versions) by Jeff Mangum: A Baby for Pree/Glow (not on Aeroplane, by the way)...



It sort of blows my mind to think that this was being made while I was just goofing around in high school and just had no idea... of any of this.

4 comments:

scott said...

they give you any good drugs at the MD today? (per jesse's blog)-

I'm gonna guess either:

azithromycin, ciprofloxacin, or levofloxacin...

(plus some sort of decongestant/antihitamine combo, of course...)

Josh said...

Levoquin and MethylPREDNISolone.

scott said...

Levaquin= (the brand name of) levofloxacin! booya! They went with a pretty strong one- (that also isn't available in generic yet) i bet that copay was pretty nasty on that one...if your paperwork tells you the actual price of it (without insurance) you should check it out... would be something like $15-20 dollars a pill without insurance...

and they gave you a steroid dose pack, eh? Probably have to take about 6 on day 1 then 5,4,3,2,1? I'm assuming "sinusitis" was the diagnosis?... make sure to take that one with some food- can be a little nasty on an empty stomach...

Josh said...

yep. multi step steroid pack. yeah they said take it with/near eating.

the levoquin, steroid, and flonase stuff came out to $80, which is about what i expected. but yeah, that sucks.