01 February 2008

Focal Point



This was something I didn't expect, but is definitely the case: my focal point has changed. My eyes have been so used to only seeing up close (I'd say a distance of about 3ft was my focal point) and now rather than them being near-sighted and easily seeing things up close and straining to see far, they're "neutral." What this seems to mean is that now, if I relax my eyes, they don't focus at 3 ft, they naturally focus at 10-15ft. So this creates an interesting (opposite) condition at work for me. I'll notice they just want to stop focusing on the computer screen, but if i look up, things at a distance across the room are easily focused on. So... that's interesting. I guess we'll see how that goes. Kind of frustrating since most of what I do at work takes place about 3ft away :) I guess we'll see how this all goes.

I might need a new job.

4 comments:

Jesse E. Hunter said...

(no comment)

Josh said...

"no comment" on hwhat?

Jesse E. Hunter said...

Well, that last line is a little...big.

Josh said...

it's also a little humorous, i think.